Welcome to Greater Charlotte Metro, NC!
Featuring the diversity of a vibrant, caring community, Charlotte truly represents the best the "New South" has to offer. A strong and growing local economy, an exciting sports and cultural center, a warm moderate climate with prevailing seasons, a safe and friendly environment, Charlotte is "Home" in all senses of the word. Discover for yourself, the unique character and lifestyle that is known as "The Queen City".
This inviting atmosphere of Charlotte, where the business life is fast and the home life is easy, continues to attract newcomers. Residential areas have grown from the southern, southeastern and eastern sections of Mecklenburg County to encompass Lake Wylie and Lake Norman and the connecting Catawba River. Many Charlotteans are now enjoying the peaceful views and casual lifestyles of these lake communities. Equally, growth is apparent in the north and northeastern sections of Mecklenburg, as the University of North Carolina and the University Research Park attract newcomers to their many resources and to the Southern areas including Ballantyne and Union County.
- 21st largest city in the US 525 airline flights daily
- The 21st most active airport in the country
- $15.6 billion in retail sales
- 112,458 public school students
- The nation's 2nd largest banking center (controls $1.24 trillion in assets)
- The 73,248 seat Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers, NFL Team
- Home of the Charlotte Bobcats, NBA Team
- The Nascar's Coca-Cola 600 (4th largest attended sporting even in the United States)
- The 6th largest trading area in US
- The 6th largest wholesale center in US
- The 5th largest urban region
- 7th largest University Research Park "14th Best Place to Live" (US Conference of Mayors)
- 286 Fortune 500 firms represented
- Cost of living below national average
Looking for "Cool Stuff to Do in Charlotte"? Click here.
Looking for local school information? Click here.
250 results returned